Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Everything Can Change.

We've been through so much. Everything has been more difficult than it should have been. Everything has taken longer and hurt more than what we thought it would. We got to keep each other, yes. But this has not been easy. We haven't felt like winners in a long time.

So it is with great shock and love that I announce our pregnancy. We are overjoyed, and as terrified as expectant new parents could be. We had scheduled IVF for this fall and he had been diligently taking his Clomid, despite the terrible side effects. He was going to bank his sperm so we could try for a kid.

When the sperm analysis came back and we were told it was "almost normal" but the sperm didn't swim in the right direction, I was already pregnant. I was already pregnant when one of our favorite doctors told us we might never conceive outside of a medical office.

I feel like a winner, but not because we conceived at home. Any conception is a win. No, I feel like a winner because we get to try to be parents. We get a chance. I don't care how it came about. I went a long time without knowing I was pregnant (try nearly 8 weeks), have been to the ER once, and have my first official appointment this Friday.  It's already been kind of crazy, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

Meet Glow Worm. I hope to welcome him or her into the world before February!

14 comments:

  1. So excited for you two! being a parent is such an incredible adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Amazing news for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! Such amazing wonderful news for you both!!!! Congratulations!! Praying for a safe easy pregnancy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The biggest congratulations ever!!! So very happy for you and your husband; you guys deserve something wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can't tell you how thrilled I am for y'all! What a lucky baby he/she will be to have the two of you for parents. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! What a beautiful blessing of a glowworm! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! I've been reading your blog for a while now, and I admire the way you've handled everything you've been through. This couldn't be happening to a better, more deserving pair. I wish you all the joy and happiness a child is sure to bring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great news! So happy for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so, so happy for you!! Best wishes for an easy, healthy pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for you, I may or may not have gasped with delight when I read this. Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How absolutely wonderful! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete