Thursday, January 5, 2012

Welcome back to me!

Annnnnd.... we're back! The two weeks back in Alabama was wonderful. We had a good dose of family and best friends. Of course, it went by entirely too quickly and now we're back to the grind. Well, not for long...

We're going to the BCS Championship game! We're both born and bred Alabama fans (I attended the university, as well) and are so excited to be given this opportunity. Seats 4 Soldiers donated the tickets to us. They saw the CNN clip in which Aaron was wearing a "Roll Tide" t-shirt and decided to help us start our year off right. It's been a process on working accommodations in NOLA out so close to the game, but everything finally worked out today. We're just glad the hotel had room for an extra night.

Aaron also grew 5 inches his first day back. His legs now have knees that bend so he can wear them in his wheelchair, and wear them longer. Even being back for less than 24 hours has progress.

This year, I'm letting go. I'm letting go of all the hurt from last year. I'm letting go of not-friends, a horrible injury notification, and the anger that came with our current situation. Aaron is the most positive person I have ever known, we have the best marriage I've ever seen (although I might be partial), and we both have incredible support systems. I don't have a good reason to be negative or angry anymore. At least, not to the extent that it upsets my everyday.

So until next time, Roll Tide from Walter Reed National Military Medical Center!






8 comments:

  1. LOVE the positive energy! :) keep it up, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have an amazing time at the game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great attitude! I love it!!

    And I have to chuckle at the last line of your post. I may have ranted *just a tad* on my blog earlier today about that very hospital and the naming thereof. I also gave a shout-out to Laura Lee and Archie, however, so all was not lost.

    http://rainintorainbows.com/2012/01/06/30-day-blog-challenge-day-6/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time at the game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Enjoy the game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time at the game, maybe they will show ya'll on TV and thats great that he is already making even more progress less than 24 hours after returning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roll Tide! I'm so happy that y'all get to go to the game! I hope we win for you! I watched all the news stories you posted and bawled. What an amazing homecoming! It was good to hear your voice again and Aaron's for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am Vicky Ben from Canada. I never believed in love spells or magic until i met this spell caster once when i went to Africa in may this year on a business summit. I meant a man who’s name is DR.ogogorotemple@yahoo.com he is really powerful and could help cast spells to bring back one’s gone, lost, misbehaving lover and magic money spell or spell for a good job or luck spell .I’m now happy & a living testimony cos the man i had wanted to marry left me 3 weeks before our wedding and my life was upside down cos our relationship has been on for 4years. I really loved him, but his family was against us and he had no good paying job. So when i met this spell caster, i told Dr Ogogoro what happened and explained the situation of things to him. At first i was undecided, skeptical and doubtful, but i just gave it a try. And in 8 days when i returned to USA, my boyfriend (now husband) called me by himself and came to me apologizing that everything had been settled with his mom and family and he got a new job interview so we should get married. I didn’t believe it cos the spell caster only asked for my name and my boyfriends name and all i wanted him to do. Well we are happily married now and we are expecting our little kid, and my husband also got the new job and our lives became much better. His email is ogogorotemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete