Monday, February 6, 2012

Me.

I finally went to the gynecologist today because I thought I had an infection. The good news is that I most likely don't.

The bad news is that I have what seems to be a huge cyst on my right ovary, which is causing me to have some pretty-near excruciating back pain. I started to cry when the doctor told me I couldn't exercise much or make sudden movements. I am going to take a wild guess here and conclude that lifting a wheelchair counts as something I shouldn't be doing. I'm not going in for an ultrasound until Friday (yay for TriCare, bad for taking so long) and frankly I don't know what the course of action is going to be. I was given birth control pills but that's about it.

I know that the pain can't get much worse without me melting down and pitching a toddler sized fit. My back hurts. I am taking Motrin and Flexeril for it, but it honestly doesn't do much good. I can't decide between walking or sitting being the most problematic. Help is on the way this weekend; I just don't know what to do until then. This pain has been building for about tow weeks now. We'll see how it goes.

This is exactly what I don't need. I don't even know how to cope without bursting into tears. I'm here to help my husband, and now I can't do as well as I need to be doing. This just sucks.



3 comments:

  1. I have had two ovarian cyst removal surgeries, and one cyst rupture. The last one was 10 cm. The Italian OB was actually very angry that the base DR gave me birth control pills. (base did not look at why I had pain, just assumed I had something different) The Italian dr told me that the birth control horomones actually feed the cyst. Not sure if it is true but just a heads up, I would hate for that to really be the case.
    I hope you get some relief soon, that is the worst pain, even worse than childbirth in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geesh...when in the world are you going to catch a break?? I'm sorry that you have a cyst and I know Friday can't come fast enough for you before you can see what you see and get relief!

    Big hug to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, man. :-(

    Quick question for you -- do you not have a wheelchair lift for your vehicle? Manual or power chair, you should still have a lift. You might want to ask your case manager about it. Tricare paid for ours.

    Since I'm a dependent and he's a Wounded Warrior, I don't know if things are different, but is he on ECHO? They can help with a lot of the DME.

    Hugs, hon.

    ReplyDelete